Hallo. Ich bin Karsa, aus Ungarn. Entschuldigung, ich spreche leider minimum Deutsch, deshalb in Englisch:

(Again, I'm sorry for having to resort to English here. I've been hesitant to reach out because of this. And I doubt I'd be able to learn German quickly (even learning English this well took me like a decade of actively using it), but I'd like to get to know German and Austrian RM communities.)

I'm Karsa from Hungary. I discovered RPG Maker in about 2007. Unterwegs in Düsterburg is one of the first games I played (I understood nothing, and found a translated let's play only recently). I like SNES style graphics and use RM2003.

I have the following question:

Are oldschool, SNES style games (mainly made in RM2k/3) still popular among Germans and Austrians? I speak of games like UiD. And in general, games that use REFMAP graphics or assets from Squaresoft's RPGs (FF, CT sounndtracks; Rudra, CT, Seiken 3 tileset rips). I'm working on a game just as oldschool.
When I look at English RM communities, I mainly see people use the modern RPG Makers and it's all about the money and fame. It feels like a business instead of a hobby there, and resource packs have become a business of their own. I guess it might be different for Germans and Austrians (different culture), but I have no information.