Ergebnis 1 bis 17 von 17

Thema: Soldier's Quest 1.4 APR 2008 DEMO (rm2k3) Spra: ENGLISCH

Soldier's Quest 1.5 SEPT. 2008 PLAYABLE TEASER (rm2k3) Spra: ENGLISCH

[DISCLAIMER]
    This is a game I made back in 2002, it was in spanish language, then now in 2007 it was just sitting on my computer, then I decided to translate it and do some sort of remake, while keeping the old look, but just better. To know about the version update of the game, please refer to the What's NEW section below... if you decide to play this DEMO, if you give feedback, focus on the game itself, the bugs/errors aren't as important as I beta test this game all the time. Exclusive custom resources for Soldier's Quest, are not to be used in your games. For more concrete information, check the credits section at the end of this post.

-Official in-game Prologue-

Long ago... In ancient legends, it tells of the existence of powerful dark power capable of destroying anything it touches. Bloodlines, the legendary magic Only known by mysterious owners of a vast and powerful land... the Nox hierarchy.
    It is unknown how the Nox, inheritors of this power, could handle such magnificent energy without being consumed by it while casting it. Although They could have conquered the world easily with this power, they only used it to work on making their land the most advanced civilization on earth.

As time passed people became amazed by the Nox's knowledge and power, up to the point that greed took over them and the world was engulfed in the flames of war. As the battles continued, casualties increased great enough for both sides, including members of the Nox hierarchy, causing it's ruler to take drastic measures against the rest of the world.

The Nox ruler casted Bloodlines, unleashing chaos and destruction to everything that was across it's path, to the point that the world itself would become extinct. But not everything was lost. Seven maidens with the power of Light reunited and casted a powerful magic in order to seal this malevolent power.

With Bloodlines unavailable the Nox hierarchy was defeated, and their land was forsaken in the dust. For generations the holy maidens were there to protect the seal in order to prevent humanity's greed from causing future catastrophes...

Many years have passed after this great conflict making these tragic events part of the past, but not for long, as once again rumors have arisen of the existence of a survivor from the Nox hierarchy...

MAIN CHARACTERS

Description of Characters, From left to right...

1.Heath Warfare
    Sex: M
    Class: Human
    Degree: High rank S. (Agares Castle)
    Weapon of choice: Sword

2.Lucia Celeste
    Sex: F
    Degree: Mid Rank S. / Archer
    Weapon of choice: Axe (Heavy Sword ...until the next update)

3.Richter *****
    Sex: M
    Class: Human / Undisclosed Royalty
    Degree: Hunter / Undisclosed
    Weapon of choice: Bow & Arrows

4. ??????
    Degree: Undisclosed
    Weapon of choice: Undisclosed

5. ??????
    Degree: Undisclosed
    Weapon of choice: Undisclosed

There are more characters in the game, but I haven't finished them, as well, I will be sharing them later on in future updates.

SOME OF THE MAIN ENEMIES:

Description of Characters, From left to right... (detailed info undisclosed for now).

1. "Crimson assasin".
    2. The Masked Necromancer.
    3. ????????
    4. ????????
    5. ????????

(more info in the upcoming posts as i continue onward onto the next versions)

-What's New-

Soldier's Quest ver. 1.5 August 2008 DEMO (Third Release)

So far, this is what I have done in the upcoming demo...

-More playable characters in this chapter!
    -2 new dungeons, and a few other locations in this update.
    -Besides magics, playable characters have techniques now! 3 techniques each for now.
    -Status ailments now have animations in battle.
    -Character Sprites in field have vast improved sprites, compared how they were in the older versions.
    -Animations in field have been improved, as well for important battle in field events.
    -New design for Heath in battle, as well other playable characters finished.
    -Items have custom animations when used in battle.
    -Cut bushes in some locations.
    -All maps improved with extra locations inside of them, as well with unique design.
    -Enemies/bosses have challenging attacks and behavior. Be prepared, they are smart now!
    -Enemies in field have their corresponding animations when they die, as well there are more variety in
    the monsters that inhabit the dungeons/fields.
    -Catch the pigs mini-game!
    -Cheat Codes!! Use the computer inside the house to activate them.
    -The few small grammar mistakes in the dialogue are fixed now.
    -Treasure chests added on their corresponding places.
    -Fixed as many bugs I encountered.
    -Switched the music a little bit and used more suitable tunes in some few cases that was needed.

...MORE INFORMATION COMING UP SOON THIS WEEK!

-Older versions updates info-

Soldier's Quest ver.1.4.04.2008 DEMO (Second Release)
    (latest available release April 19,2008)

MAJOR FIXES AND ADDED CONTENT:
    -Prologue complete, Chapter 1 half done which can be equivalent to at least 1 Hour gameplay.
    -Newly designs for battle charasets done based on templates from Tales of the World 3 (gba): Heath Warfare, Lucia Celeste.
    -Fixed and edited the MP3 files, 50% of the mb size has been cut down, as well more MP3 variety where it was needed.
    -End of prologue picture cutscenes added.
    -Fixed transparency/color problems of the intro / upgraded some of the picture cutscenes.
    -Added facesets to all the characters in the game. All the facesets ripped / designed are now based on templates from Fire Emblem games.
    -Redesigned / Fixed most maps, now maps are more complete as well more locations are available.
    -Added special animation effects in battle.
    -Enemies in field have improved animations, as well more variety in monster parties.
    -Newly designed Title screen.
    -Fixed font designs for each chapter begin sequence. Also added description to the chapters.
    -NEW MINI BOSS added in the prologue. Location: Cordova Woods central area.
    -Fixed petty text mistakes of the dialogue.
    -Fixed small bugs that I discovered while I was beta testing the game.

SPANISH TRANSLATION FIXES
    -Items, Equipment, Magic, etc. are now fully translated.
    -Location messages are now fully translated in spanish instead of english.
    -Text isn't as mediocre anymore, and there are not as many grammar errors.
    -NPCs and other parts of the dialogue in certain situations are now fully translated.

Soldier's Quest ver.1.3.11.2007 BETA DEMO (first release, not available anymore)

-Dual dialogue languages ENGLISH / SPANISH.
    -Location messages.
    -About 30 minutes gameplay.
    -Location Messages.
    -Prologue (the beginning) almost done.
    -Mp3 music.
    -Intro Picture Cutscenes.
    -Monsters visible in field. (half improved)

Soldier's Quest ver.1.0.01.2002 GAME (never released, neither translated into english)
    -Original project that ended in the battle against the dragon zombie.
    -was made using RM2k.

Here is the playable teaser of the next official DEMO, that is coming later on as soon as I get done with it... this teaser has a lot of new additions, pretty much, half the work and many fixes, among new stuff, such as cut the bushes, etc... check it out!

http://www.mediafire.com/?1gminlbxngi
    DO NOT FORGET TO COPY + PASTE THE LINK IN A NEW TAB/WINDOW
    IF IT DOESN'T WORK AT FIRST.

-SCREENSHOTS OF THE DEMO 3 TEASER AVAILABLE-

Castlevania V (snes)
    Zelda 3: A link to the past (snes)
    Fire Emblem 7 (gba)

and some small influences too from...

7th Saga (snes)
    Secret of Mana (snes)
    Final Fantasy IV (snes)

MP3 MUSIC (taken from OSTs)

RG VEDA - Instrumental version 1.
    Alcahest - Leading soft, Grief.
    Final Fantasy IV - Kingdom Baron.
    Growlanser - Who are you.
    Chaos Legion - Stage title BGM, Evil shore.
    Growlanser III - Journey to a dream.
    Tales of Phantasia - The stream of time.
    Xenogears - My village is number one, Back to sleep.
    YS VI: Ark of Napishtim - The akindo, Mighty obstacle, The zemeth Zanctum.
    Tales of the Abyss - The arrow was shot, Theme of mini game.
    Threads of Fate - Feeling good!.
    Star Ocean 3 - The divine spirit of language.
    Star Ocean 2 - Rescue Operation.
    Atelier Iris 2 - Victory is in our hands.
    Onimusha 3 - Courage, love and ammunition.
    Secret of Mana - It happened late one evening.
    Castlevania: S.O.T.N - Crystal teardrops, Game over.
    Castlevania: L.O.I - Elemental tactician.
    Castlevania: Chi no rondo - Cross a fear.
    Castlevania: Curse of Darkness - Sarabande of healing.
    SMT Devil Summoner (Raidou) - Shock! the final battle.
    Climax Landers - Inside the shop.
    Street Fighter EX2 plus - Before moon.
    Bloodly Roar 3 - Into the battlefield.
    Guilty Gear Isuka - The irony of Chaste.
    Magic Knight Rayeart - (Episode summary theme).
    Bt'x - (Episode summary theme).
    Chrono Cross - Shadow's end forest.
    Valkyrie Profile - Blameless thoughts.
    Dawn of Mana - Don't Hunt the fairy SK4 ver.

Antifarea (Charles Gabriel) © original game 2002, remake 2007
    -A game created using RPGMAKER 2000, and 2003 for it's remake.

-CREDITS-
    Soldier's Quest Logo design: Antifarea (original custom art fonts + picture rips)
    Storyline/Theme, Dialogue & original Script: Antifarea ©(2002, 2007)
    Font Art used in the Game/post: Antifarea © (2007/2008) (using NeoPaint)
    Title Screen/Game Over design: Antifarea © (2008)
    Exclusive Soldier's Quest Charaset Sprites: Antifarea © (2007-2008)
    Windowskins/message boxes: Antifarea (MSG box ripped from Dark Kingdom)
    Facesets design original by: Antifarea (Using Fire Emblem gba templates)
    Map design/chipsets original by: Antifarea (using overall rips + merging/edits/recolors)
    Event Codes/programming by: Antifarea © (2002/2007)
    Custom Engines by: Antifarea © (2007/2008)
    Battle charasets, original by: Antifarea (using Tales of the world 3 gba templates)
    Battle backgrounds rips/adaptation by: Antifarea (using rips from FF1,FF2 & FF4 gba games)
    Picture Cutscenes, original by: Antifarea (using image rips as templates)
    Music used in the game: Taken from OSTs of the corresponding games they belong to...
    MP3 EDITs/file size cuts: Antifarea (using Wavepad)
    RPGMAKER 2000/2003 RTP RESOURCES USED: ASCII/ENTERBRAIN © All rights reserved.
    Spanish translation/adaptation: Antifarea © (2007-2008)
    BETA TESTING (all versions): Antifarea 2007-2008

-Other credits-
    -RANDOM RESOURCES USED BELONGS TO THEIR RESPECTIVE CREATORS WHOSE NAMES ARE UNKNOWN.
    (If you are one of those authors and have proof of your creation and want credit, then contact me and I shall update this section.)
    -The origin of the character "Heath" is from the game Fire Emblem 7 (gba)

-Special Thanks-

-Savefile free hosting
    -Mediafire free hosting
    -Forums that allow advertising of this project, and more specially for foreign ones.
    -Websites that have uploaded Soldier's Quest into their project library.
    -A million thanks for many of the comments/criticism those who always play the Soldier's Quest updates.
    -A lot of thanks for every single one of you who crazily downloaded the first version, and those who do so in the rest of the updates.
    -Anyone who I have forgot in here...

Any questions/comments contact me in the main following forums:

-RPG ATELIER.net (German language)
    -RPG RPG REVOLUTION (English language)
    -Hellsoft Renovatio (Spanish language)
    -Zarok (French language)

(email/screename not given for privacy matters)

THANKS FOR PLAYING, SEE YA ON THE NEXT UPDATE!!!!!!!

-ANTIFAREA

Geändert von Antifarea (08.09.2008 um 06:25 Uhr) Grund: more info on post.

mh... this looks preety good^^
    I will load ist on Thurs day, then you get your appraisal.

Only the use of many different Charsets is not so good...
    We will see^^

wfg R.D.

Wow, it seems to be a good game. The screens are pretty good, and I like the story, too.

the charsets are from "Fire Emblem", don't they?
    Well, I'll download this game and try it^^

R.D.: Yeah, deffinitely let me know what you think man!

diäitsch: Thanks, hope you like the dialogue as well.

Alyna: The charasets are custom made by me, the templates of the Faces/Character images are from Fire emblem games.
    Heath is a secret character in fire-emblem 7 (gba), he was my favorite character so I made him my main character in this story, of course the personality from Heath of fire emblem are just influences.

KnightDragon: Thank you, I hope you enjoy this version, I'm working on the next one as I type this hahaha... on the next version I will have more side story for the characters, since I've heard some people ask me about putting more background to the plot.

As for everyone:

Well I would like to know your comments and opinions after playing the game, oh and thanks the mods for allowing the post in the community, since I am not a deustch fluent speaker.

Up until now I only played some minutes of your game but I can undoubtly say that you managed to create a really good atmosphere which definitley cast a spell over me!
    I'll continue playing after my final examination!

btw. I saw that you didn't use the movement sprites of the original game you took the battlecharsets from. If you need them you can find em here:
    http://www.spriters-resource.com/other/namco/talesof/

marcL: Oh haha, yeah you noticed. I only used to cover the basics of the game, like stand/defend/attack/item use/etc. sequences... The battlecharasets aren't really 100% completed, I am working on making status conditions to show in battle, cause I noticed that the default RM battle system, with the show faces doesn't allow the player to see what condition the character has been inflicted with...

Thanks a lot for the comments, I promise next version will have more of a challenge, more explorations and more variety in general... also more storyline... thanks again for giving me the link, I actually knew about that website, some other websites that are affiliated to them have the tales of the world 3 sprite sheets too.

Oh and I almost forgot, I had in mind for a while now, in using parts of the rest of the animations of each character, for the desperation attack feature in battle.

hey everyone, I have uploaded a new playable teaser, of Soldier's Quest... this fixes a lot of stuff and is half done progress of the third upcoming release... Well, I hope you enjoy it, if you decide to play it. Feedback is always appreciated.

Users Awaiting Email Confirmation

;)

Wow it looks like a super game^^

The story is pretty good....The screens are realle awesome...

Other things are good two^^

Good job...

Good game..

Soldier`s Quest...

the screenshots are pretty good but in the last screen..well
    the fungi enemy what do they have in their hands ? A weapon ?

It looks like a fart '

The story sounds good and a special accolade to the Logo
    Design it looks awesome.

Soldiers Quest is a very good game!

Hello,

Super!

Zitat Zitat von -schattenrose- Beitrag anzeigen
    Hello,

Super!
    Did you play the game ?

Why you`re so sure that`s the game so good ? ^^ I think he need more critique.

Yes, I play the game.

Zitat Zitat von Ninjawurst
    Did you play the game ?

Why you`re so sure that`s the game so good ? ^^ I think he need more critique.

Yes, I play the game.

Zitat Zitat von -schattenrose- Beitrag anzeigen
    Yes, I play the game.
    Okay, srry. I don`t saw the link to the teaser version of the game

No Problem

Zitat Zitat von Ninjawurst
    Okay, srry. I don`t saw the link to the teaser version of the game
    No Problem.

Schattenrose, Ninjawurst, Blackdragon6:

Thanks a lot for commenting, I apologize that there have been a few small non-threatening bugs, (one, Lucia doesn't have a starting weapon, thus she doesn't run when you select to do "attack") and the spell holy isn't as effective on ghosts in the haunted forest. I am working in a patch, fixing these small little problems, and I'll post it soon. You can still play this version of the teaser that is here, after all these bugs won't stop you from progressing in the game.

Feedback is appreciated, even if it's in deustch. I do not speak it very well yet haha, but I'll find a way to translate it Hope you enjoyed it! I added more screenshots, and fixed the pic of the main charas/main enemies in the post.