Seite 2 von 4 ErsteErste 1234 LetzteLetzte
Ergebnis 21 bis 40 von 63

Thema: Monster World RPG ver. 1.1 is out now ! ! !

Since it is now clear nobody acted maliciously and that there's no problem into simply advertisign the project if there's no download link, if we have to discuss something in this topic could it be about the game?
    I believe some people went off topic a little too far.
    I appreciate the intervention of people who undertood the situation, but it only fuel the flame someone is trying to do.
    Otherwise I will ask the admin to remove this topic in order for me to repost it in the correct way with no dowload link to be seen or found.
    I'm pretty sure who criticized the post from the beginning are here for flamming cause one of them even commented "10 years wasted".
    I want this guy to reflect that maybe I advertised the game even on other 20 forums around + deviantart + youtube + facebook and I receive a lot of positive feedback?
    Regards

Not sure if intended, but in the Bat Monster Lair (the one with the Side Shot Gear), the Lucky sword does not double the GP (another 12) but yields a whooping 106 GP per battle. It's the only of the 1st chapter's lairs where this happens.

The Lucky sword's message box after EVERY.FRICKIN'.FIGHT is one of the gameplay pacing issues I noticed early on with the game. Another offender is the countdown when Pepe goes collecting pages in the libraries. Given, one tends to try more than the minimal times, having forced upon some constant waiting period makes those taskes more nauseating, at least to me.

There might be other instances (Jan-Ken-Pon, I seem to remember), but those two are (so far) the biggest offenders in that regard.

Also, one question: Is the first GP jar supposed to only store money? To me, it seemed like the quest giver said that it would also add to the stored money every 4 minutes. But it keeps telling me the amount of money I stored, without mentioning any interest. (I did not take any gold out of it so far).

No idea, how much time this would need, but I would prefer if all equipment descriptions contained all absolute stat changes (or factors, if you use something like that). "CP +2" does not tell me much but that it raises Charm, and probably more so than something with "CP +1". And what other stats are affected and to what extent is to anyones guess, until after the purchase.

An even more crucial information to put into the description box is the fragility of an accessory. After witnessing a gauntlet and a helmet break after a merely few battles, I avoid equipping found or quest-earned accessories in fear of having them break, too.

Geändert von Ark_X (17.09.2017 um 01:03 Uhr)

@Ark_X:
    I'm not so far into the game, but the Winged Shoes for example has a warning when looking at them in the shops. But I admit, who knows something like that after some days.

I believe the gp jar doesn't work correctly, I did take out gp and i received the same amount of gp after 4 minutes ingame already went by.
    Op do you know that treasure is the right way to write it yet on the pirate ship at chapter 1 shabo line wasn't written treasure but differently,i do notice some grammar mistakes in the game, i didn't write them down though and I wonder what is your native language btw?
    Am at the start of chapter 2 now.Don't know what to think of the game,but you said that chapter 1 was an introduction and iI do kinda like it, except the part of random encounters for enemies instead of enemies on map sometimes,but i do see why this was made so and some rpg maker games spoiled me with having enemy on sight and fight at touch.
    I also like that you didn't make gold so easily farmable and xp only if you fight bosses and stronger enemies you get more it does feel like a monster world beggining and i am a fan of wonder boy in monster world,also the way getting to a new area has better equipment than the other areas or that you unlock that shop after a time is kinda like in monster world.
    Oh and in the caves where you can climb down through the well in purapril it's pretty obvious that there is a green arrow pointing at the wall and that Max says it's different what do i need there,i already found other secrets in the caves,but wonder if mostly hidden doors are only on the north part of the game maps,or are there also doors hidden in all other directions?
    Also does anyone know the estimated normal time to beat this game?
    Would be pretty usefull info for me.

Geändert von fonzer (17.09.2017 um 16:26 Uhr)

I need more time for the minigames. I can't heat the water for the sun-glasses-machine.
    Five more seconds would be sufficient there.
    I'm handicapped without any reflexes and I'm not the fastest either.
    I tried Space/Enter, Enter/Enter (if you have a NUM-pad), but only get 4 of 5.

@fonzer:
    Look for anything that looks out of place like not burning laterns, ivy on walls etc.
    I have found many secrets but haven't been able to open all chests yet.
    Look behind houses and trees, too, to find money bags.

Have you found the Spanish speaking bush near the Dragon Rider Village (next to the cave to Purapil)? Try it and look for the effects. Only one of the effects is really useful.

Zitat Zitat von Firefly84 Beitrag anzeigen
    @Ark_X:
    I'm not so far into the game, but the Winged Shoes for example has a warning when looking at them in the shops. But I admit, who knows something like that after some days.
    Really?! I can't find anything like that. In the shop, I see the same description as in the equipment menu ("These boots have wings (no terrain damage)"). Nothing about being breakable.

Checking out the boots on the tables doesn't give any information at all, either (I only tried this in the hero's home village).

Zitat Zitat von Ark_X Beitrag anzeigen
    Checking out the boots on the tables doesn't give any information at all, either (I only tried this in the hero's home village).
    Actually it does give information in whatever shop you are.You just have to try to approach them in the right way and then press enter not from below but from the side in the home shop.If you wanted to know the winged boots last only 15 seconds before they get destroyed on terrain that does damage,lava,swamps and there was one more but i forgot what it was.

Firefly84 :
    No i haven't found the spanish speaking bush yet.

Geändert von fonzer (17.09.2017 um 23:49 Uhr)

Sry to the developer, but this is stupid. I thought of checking them from the side as well, but only on eye-level not standing one tile above the object I wish to interact with. I noticed a similar behaviour in the colloseum where NPCs with bigger sprites only react if you talk to them from a specific tile. But that was definitely not the only instance.

EDIT: And inspecting the gauntlets in a shop doesn't say anything about them being breakable, so this is also no reliable source of information.

Geändert von Ark_X (17.09.2017 um 23:43 Uhr)

Me too do not know if the lucky sword "bug" in the bat lair is intended. I'll coount it as a bug to check for the release ov version 1.1

THe pacing down from the lucky sword is sometig I believe I can do nothing about. Maybe... For now use it less.

THe coutdown for Pepe before collecting the pages is something I do not consider as a pacing down.

THe music which play and you have to wait to end for each jankenpo round indeed pace down the game: it will be shortened in the future.

There might be other instances (Jan-Ken-Pon, I seem to remember), but those two are (so far) the biggest offenders in that regard.

The first totem gp problem will be checked out.

No need to add absolute values in equipment description. THe description say its "level":if you want to see the absolute value the games tell it to you automatically when you select it, even before purchasing.

ABout acccessories fragility: indeed we forgot to mention it. It was a reference from accessories from WOnder BOy in Monster Lana. We remembered only to add a sign on the wingboots pedestal in shops not because we wanted to alert about their duration but about the fact they avoid you to get terrain damage. We will improve their descriptio for thefuture.
    By the way even if it is someting which can be improved it isn't that big problem. THe game helps you alredy too much in my opinion.

We are two people: italian and brasilian. ENglish is our second language.

Random encounters are cool. Grind a little at the beginning, then there will be some item which decrease them dramatically.

THe grass arrow in the cave is for later: you will be told of it. If you are still not told about it leave it alone.

I believe hidden doors are only to the north. It depend what you intend for door.....

15 hours to finish the game if you know already the solution of it and if you don't do any fight. I may estimate 30 hours for a normal people then.

Some people have problems with some minigames. I will make some tutorials on youtube channel. THere's alrady one to watch.
    If you have relly problems send me your savefile and I will do it for you. Rpgmaker has its limitation we can't overcome via programming.
    I assure you all minigame could bebeaten on any pc without cheating. You ust have to get the right pace to play a platform game in rpgaker.
    We will consider add a few more time.

THe talking bush isn't spanish but portougese. The programmer forgot some test icons around he used during preliminary debugging. They will be removed in version 1.1

THe right side to check some items or person could be a problem at first but not that big.

Zitat Zitat von Monster World RPG Beitrag anzeigen
    Me too do not know if the lucky sword "bug" in the bat lair is intended. I'll coount it as a bug to check for the release ov version 1.1
    For your information, something similar happens on the path to the coloseum.

Zitat Zitat
    THe pacing down from the lucky sword is sometig I believe I can do nothing about. Maybe... For now use it less.
    You seem to trigger an event. Can't you make it shorter or completely pass on the message box (that means, simply add the bonus GP in the background without telling the player each time). Or only trigger the sound effect, but don't keep the hero from moving.

For the Jump'n'Run section in the temple next to the dwarf village, the Maker controls are pretty rigid. Therefore I would prefer if you placed another saving statue right in front of this section.

EDIT: Oh, and an item shop (for potions and the like) at the colosseum would be convenient since it is a bit far away from the neyt town (where the supply might not even be updated as the game continues?). The items you could buy there should aknowledge how far you are into the game, so not only potions or holy waters when you are one fight away from the champion title.

Geändert von Ark_X (19.09.2017 um 22:04 Uhr)

For your information, something similar happens on the path to the coloseum.

You seem to trigger an event. Can't you make it shorter or completely pass on the message box (that means, simply add the bonus GP in the background without telling the player each time). Or only trigger the sound effect, but don't keep the hero from moving.

For the Jump'n'Run section in the temple next to the dwarf village, the Maker controls are pretty rigid. Therefore I would prefer if you placed another saving statue right in front of this section.

EDIT: Oh, and an item shop (for potions and the like) at the colosseum would be convenient since it is a bit far away from the neyt town (where the supply might not even be updated as the game continues?). The items you could buy there should aknowledge how far you are into the game, so not only potions or holy waters when you are one fight away from the champion title.
    For the lucky sword I believe it is too slow cause a doule event which check if its used in conjunction with the hadbag (which also give you more money)

Good idea to add a savepoint near the kump& run section. I guess why we never mond about it....

Maybe the third damsel in the coliseum will be hosting am intem shop as you said in ver 1.1,

I would like to share with you this very complete review of the game by XBuster (author of "Monster World Legends"):
    https://rpgmaker.net/games/10013/reviews/5767/

What's the code to the chest in Pirate Girl's room? I mean, I got the clue that I have to look at the paintings and that the titles probably hint at which objects I have to count.

From my question you can tell that I rescued the first 2 girls and therefore got the means to interact with the "?"-blocks. I still think it would be nice, if the game aknowledged the possible idea of players that certain characters should be able to help with some of those things (I mentioned the blocks and the tiny doors in my first post).
    For example, if Priscilla is in your party, if you check out a block, she could tell that she is able to reach it (fairy => flying) but cannot hit it hard enough or something.
    And in case of the tiny doors she or Hotta might say that it's even to tight for them to get through. You could even let the hint at the actual method of getting through by the choice of there words (it still should sound natural, because the probably won't know how to to it exactly). And of course once they evolve, they are obviously too big and won't comment about this anymore.

Now that I also have access to spells the management of gears and genes sits even less well with me. Why do I have to unequip the current one and can't switch directly from one to another? It works for spells, too!

The sphinx dungeon I did not enjoy very much. That English is not my native language is probably a factor, but I could hardly solve any of the riddles by myself. Luckily they all seem to be copied fom somewhere else, so I found the solutions online easily.
    I recently played another game that use this kind of obscure riddles as well, but it was less frustrating because there were several steps of hints the player could get. Maybe you could consider something like that, too.
    (Also I have my qualms the most with the "2 sons, 2 fathers"-riddle because it's even more of trick question because of its ambiguity.)

Geändert von Ark_X (23.09.2017 um 18:42 Uhr)

Anybody knows what i need to do or find so i can use those star shaped blocks?
    Seems like i can't progress until i find that out since porororo sky needs that.
    Edit: Ah sorry my mistake the blocks were actually walkable there.

Geändert von fonzer (29.09.2017 um 20:13 Uhr)

What's the code to the chest in Pirate Girl's room? I mean, I got the clue that I have to look at the paintings and that the titles probably hint at which objects I have to count.
    My question is still valid if anyone knows the answer (fonzer maybe, since you seem to have passed that area already).

My question is still valid if anyone knows the answer (fonzer maybe, since you seem to have passed that area already).
    To unlock the pirate girl chest use

Also Ark_x you already have spells unlocked?
    I kinda don't have em yet and i am almost at the end of chapter 2 i think.So could you tell me how you unlocked spells?

Geändert von fonzer (30.09.2017 um 09:00 Uhr)

Thanks, fonzer! Again (like in similar situations in other games), it was the one option I dismissed right away (counting all windows), but I feel I can't blamed too much for it because the 2 last windows in the painting are shut and therefore don't reflect any light.

@fonzer

Hope this helps!

@Game: Small convenience request. It always bothers me if the selection at the start of the game is one "Start" even if I already have a game state. Too often I rush to get the game started (wanting to continue) and then accidently start a new game. Then I am forced to reset the game and actually select "Load".
    Please have the game check if there already is a savestate and if there is, put the selector on "Load" instead. It's a small detail, but still noticeble.

EDIT: I'm definitely not enjoying the minecart minigame. A big part of the frustration comes from the fact that failure means "Game over" screen, reload your save state (which at least is right next to the section, thanks a lot), click away the save guy's confirmation message (which annoys me everywhere else at least a bit as well - I want to start playing and not have to be stopped right away by some banter everytime I (re)load the game) and than walk over to the minecart and click through the ENTIRE minigame explanation again.

Two suggestions:
    1) Don't trigger a "Game over" but offer a retry of the minigame right away (and if the player chooses "No", put him back to area before the minigame).
    2) Offer a lower difficulty after a number of consecutive failed tries (3~4). I would prefer a lower speed of the incoming obstacles but if that's to hard for you to change, increase the life for the game.

EDIT 2: Did Max call Byna "Mela" after rescuing her from Dancon? I read the message box a little bit to fast, so I'm not sure. Junior definitely does a bit later, as well as the Oracle once you return after having rescued both girls. Did I miss something there?
    And getting the Hawk-Gene right away but not using it inside the tower at all seems a bit lame.

EDIT 3: Aaaaaaaaaand another minigame made tedious - the Robobat quiz. I would prefer if there was (another) save opportunity after activating the bat so I don't have to
    1) do the Enter-smashing again and again
    2) click through the entire dialog.
    It's no fun, so at least let me retry the quiz right away and don't punish me for not remembering every small detail of the game (because most of those quizzes' questions are not about very memorable topics).

Geändert von Ark_X (22.10.2017 um 14:48 Uhr)

Just passed to make all of you know I'm reading your comment and suggetions and I'm taking note of them for ver. 1.1.
    I do not know if every modify requested could be applied, but in a way or another we will try to do them if possible.
    Thanks for your precius feedback.

Anybody knows sidequest set 1 quest 8 where i can find it?
    At least it has a lot of ???
    Also on the game i think i leveled up to much and the game is rather too easy now when fighting lol not like it wasn't easy before.Think Max is level 43 at chapter 3 only Hotta,Junior and Shabo are somewhere level 25 or below,since you have to level them extra.
    Ah yeah i did feel like the minecart game was too fast but staying in the middle was actually easier,lost only once.Luckily i didn't need to repeat the robobat quest.
    I felt kinda tedious doing the mouse climbing on those dissapearing grey blocks that let you drop if you are on them in the 2nd chapter of the game when saving Bock Lee wife,think being that carefull for so long and how many times i needed to repeat it didn't go well with me.
    But all together i am enjoying the game.

Geändert von fonzer (03.10.2017 um 21:39 Uhr)

Zitat Zitat von fonzer Beitrag anzeigen
    Anybody knows sidequest set 1 quest 8 where i can find it?
    At least it has a lot of ???
    Also on the game i think i leveled up to much and the game is rather too easy now when fighting lol not like it wasn't easy before.Think Max is level 43 at chapter 3 only Hotta,Junior and Shabo are somewhere level 25 or below,since you have to level them extra.
    Ah yeah i did feel like the minecart game was too fast but staying in the middle was actually easier,lost only once.Luckily i didn't need to repeat the robobat quest.
    I felt kinda tedious doing the mouse climbing on those dissapearing grey blocks that let you drop if you are on them in the 2nd chapter of the game when saving Bock Lee wife,think being that carefull for so long and how many times i needed to repeat it didn't go well with me.
    But all together i am enjoying the game.
    If you are still in chapter 3 you can't still possibly unlock the eight sub quest. Wait...

Many complain about the difficult of some minigames. BUt I believe thta if they are not impossible to do a little difficulty is needed to the game or then it will be too easier and there won't be hype to see "what's next".
    In any case, as I told, I'm taking notes of your suggestion in order to decrese the "tedious" factor some part could have.