PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : English Morrowind

rockfest
25.10.2005, 22:00
Hy all, I'm sorry I'm posting in english. I have a question, don't you have a forum where morrowind is talked in english? I'm a fan of morrowind and I'm really sad because worldofplayers in my opinion is the best site with forums on the web and i can't talk here because it's only german. Well, I'll wait for an answer and hope that something will be done with this. I would offer to take care of a morrowind english sub-forum if you're in need of people. Good luck to all of you.
PS : Sorry for the spelling (morrowin) :rolleyes:

Master_of_Shengui
25.10.2005, 22:07
I'm just a litlle member in this forum but I would thing an english sub-forum could bring a lot of fun, but it would also be a lot of hard work, you know?
But it won't be my decision, I'm not a mod or something like that ^^ but I would accept such a sub-forum ^^

rockfest
25.10.2005, 22:11
I'm just a litlle member in this forum but I would thing an english sub-forum could bring a lot of fun, but it would also be a lot of hard work, you know?
But it won't be my decision, I'm not a mod or something like that ^^ but I would accept such a sub-forum ^^
I'm really serios about it. The gothic world has an english forum(lol : where would have i posted by now if it wasn't) and i think that the world of players should use (at least at morrowind and nwn) with sub-english forums. But you're right,it's not up to us.

Sowilo
25.10.2005, 22:15
I can't speak for our forum but I think that worldofplayers is first an German board. I don't think that we have a great chance to gain an English community for more games cause there r good English sites and forums which deal with these games. Only cause World of Gothic is sth like the one Gothic site we saw a chance to create successfull an English Gothic Community. We have a standard of quality (ig the content of the website) so that it would be much work to create for example an English Vvardenfell section + forum.
If we get an huge English Gothic community we can maybe thing about creating other English forums but these idea belong to the categorie "world domination"^^.

GreyWolf
25.10.2005, 22:46
Like Master_of_Shengui I'm also a new member of WoP and it's not up to me to speak for this board, but for me it would be very interesting and exciting to discuss about Morrowind or Oblivion with foreign English speaking people here in this board. :)

But I can understand Sowilo's doubts.

Hm, perhaps it could be a possible solution to give the permission to open English threads in the existing sub boards of Vvardenfell.info, even if this would lead to German and English threads with the same content?
I'm sure that some people here would be able to discuss about the games or to give help in English.

But it could lead to a lot of additional work for the officials doing the moderation.
So let's see what they think about this idea. ;)

rockfest
25.10.2005, 23:05
Like Master_of_Shengui I'm also a new member of WoP and it's not up to me to speak for this board, but for me it would be very interesting and exciting to discuss about Morrowind or Oblivion with foreign English speaking people here in this board. :)

But I can understand Sowilo's doubts.

Hm, perhaps it could be a possible solution to give the permission to open English threads in the existing sub boards of Vvardenfell.info, even if this would lead to German and English threads with the same content?
I'm sure that some people here would be able to discuss about the games or to give help in English.

But it could lead to a lot of additional work for the officials doing the moderation.
So let's see what they think about this idea. ;)
That could be a good ideea, and i think i have a solution to your problem :
English mods + German mods. This is a wild ideea but if the people "up stairs" would agree, why not??

Katan
25.10.2005, 23:38
My opinion on this subject:

English Threads aren't a problem, but an english sub-Forum probably won't happen. We've already had a discussion about it not too long ago and agreed that Vvardenfell.info won't be able to build up a big enough english User Community.
You can find english Morrowind gamers on the official forums, and there also some more english forums aside of that. So there really isn't any reason to extra visit a german forum with an english sub-forum. Gothic is different, it's a german game after all, but it wouldn't make much sense for Morrowind.
Maybe my Co-Moderators and the webmaster see that a bit differently than I do.

Crow
26.10.2005, 00:17
I agree with Katan's opinion.

I think, there's no problem in having some english threads in here. But I don't think, we have enough english speaking users here, who don't understand german. And we won't get that kind of community, because our website is completely german (World of Gothic has an english section, we don't) and we're not planning to build up an english part at the moment. So I think, there's no need for an english forum, but you're welcome to post here :)

Sowilo
26.10.2005, 00:22
there's no problem in having some english threads in here U shoudn't forget that they have an other view. U can read everything including the English threads. They have no idea what the German threads r dealing with. Its a little bit different. In their situation I wouldn't have the feeling to be a part of the forum.

Katan
26.10.2005, 06:26
You're right, Sowilo, but there's just one member who would like to have an english sub-forum for morrowind. That isn't much.
If there would be more english people, who want an english sub-forum, we could think about it again, but not just for one user.

Lektis
26.10.2005, 08:24
In their situation I wouldn't have the feeling to be a part of the forum.

Yes, but if you are just posting in an english sub-forum (like you can do at wog), i mean, you are not really a part of the community too. You are a part of the english-speaking community, but it is still just one of many forums you are able to visit.

I would have no problems if some posts in the morrowind forum are english. Many users here speak english (and also play the english morrowind) But i'm afraid, that you won't be able to post here like it would be an english forum, until you learn some german (and i bet you dont want to do that^^), with or without a sub-forum.

Shiravuel
26.10.2005, 09:33
Yes, but if you are just posting in an english sub-forum (like you can do at wog), i mean, you are not really a part of the community too

Here I disagree a bit, 'cause many german users of the "normal" WoG-Community are posting there. Me too did this sometimes, so I think that the people there are definitely a part of the Community. But I agree with the others: it doesn't make sense to build an english-sub-forum for one person only. Most of the english-speaking people are visiting the original sites of TES and Bethesda.

I don't have any problems with english threads here, but an english-only forum: no way at this rate. Besides: you would feel pretty lonely there ;)

Crow
26.10.2005, 10:33
Yeah, I agree (again ^^)... If there are more english threads than german threads here in this forum, we can think about it again :D

@Sowilo: You're right, but it's after all an offer we can make, if he and some others want to post here in english.

rockfest
26.10.2005, 13:41
I understand all of you, you can't do this thing for only a man. It's very hard to create a new sub-forum but i don't understand another thing. You are all(mostly all) moderators on this or other forum, so you know what a forum means and you all know what a forum is at the begining. You can't build a sub-forum or forum and a mass of people just entering in the first day. Let's say that i meet somebody on a forum and i would say to him to come to the english tes section of WoP. But he has to wait so we could gather other people and after that somebody will start building the forum.
You can't say that this was the case with WoG. I saw some of the firsts posts belonging to english WoG were admins and mods from germans sub-forums posted alot of posts until other people entered the forum. You already have some people who would like to post in english and do you know who these guys are? Germans. You said that mostly every person on this forum knows english. A few threads and a few posts in english(a good way to practice the language :D ) will be enough just to gather some people in here from other places.
With this i rest my case. I already opened a thread in the english section of gothic called Vvardenfell thread. I don't know if i can post the link here so i won't. You all know where the english section of gothic can be found.

Crow
26.10.2005, 14:26
1. You can't build a sub-forum or forum and a mass of people just entering in the first day. Let's say that i meet somebody on a forum and i would say to him to come to the english tes section of WoP. But he has to wait so we could gather other people and after that somebody will start building the forum.

2. I already opened a thread in the english section of gothic called Vvardenfell thread. I don't know if i can post the link here so i won't. You all know where the english section of gothic can be found.1. Sure, but just as I said, we have a completely german website, WoG has an english version of their page, that makes a difference in my opinion. We can't gather an english community with our site and that's the main reason we don't think such a subforum is necessary. If you want to talk about Morrowind, why not open here an english Thread just like this one?

2. You can post every WoP-Link here, that you want ;)
Here it is... (http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum/showthread.php?t=85656)

rockfest
26.10.2005, 14:46
Yes...somebody said the same thing(opening a thread in here) but i don't know. It feels kind of akward to talk in a thread along all these german threads. It's that feeling of english and i feel like a stranger in here(that's because of the language). This is why i opened a thread in the WoG section, it has that "english" feeling. Anyway thank you for the advice and if anybody would like to join the thread over there, is welcome. I'll post the link again so everybody can see it : THE LINK TO THE ENGLISH VVARDENFELL THREAD (http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum/showthread.php?t=85656)

Crow
26.10.2005, 15:01
So far it's a typical Morrowind-Thread in the gothic forum, I already know that from the german part. Most people there don't like the game, because it's totally different from the gothic gameplay and more complex. That was one of the reasons I recommended to post here, 'cause here most people like the game :D
Maybe some other people from here will post there, I already did. But constantly defending this game is not much fun and get's boring after some time in my opinion.

Btw: I personally like both games and I found Morrowind, because I looked for a game similar to Gothic (1).

rockfest
26.10.2005, 15:16
Well...i already saw somebody attacking the game and a other that have the sense of not saying something bad about it but i think you'll right. Worst case scenario : the thread will become a gothic vs tes thread. If this will happen I'll make a thread in here and stop posting in that one where it will sunk like the others. I think I'll return soon, IMO.