PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : Rizzler's questions

Rizzler
09.12.2004, 19:46
let's make this easy :D insteed of me making a question and a topic for every i make this and post my questions here :) easy and no topic spam.

anyway. i got a questions again ;)

1: the "enter vehicle" wont work :/ or is it anyring speciel i need to to to get an airship to work?

2: let's say i wanna do a quest. i talk to the villiage elder and he ask if i wanna do it. if yes then an item is placed in a specific dungeon. and if i got to pick it up. the elder will congratulate me when i get back. how to do this?

3: if i want a boat (or whatever animal or thing u se) to come over the water while event on worldmap ocour. and afther the event. the boat should be gone. toaly gone. never to be seen again.

Manni
09.12.2004, 20:15
Perhaps that is a solution for your 2. problem:

You create an event with three pages and call it elder.
On the first page you put that dialog. In the yes-case you change the switch "quest-1" to "on". At the second page you add this switch ("quest-1") to the start conditions. On that second page you make a dialog like "Search for that item.". On the third page you add the switch "item-x found" to the start conditions. On this page you can make your "Thank you"-dialog.

And in the dungeon you create the second event: the item.
This event just set the switch "item-x found" to "on" and add that item. You should add the switch "quest-1" to the strat conditions.

I hope that helps you. (And I hope you understand my English ;))

Manni

Beril
09.12.2004, 20:23
I'll answer the second one:

At First you create 3 or 4 Pages in your "elder" - event. In the first one you write the eventcommands for your first meeting with him.
When you created the "show choice" and you have got the two options "I want to do the Quest" and I don't want to then you create a "change Switch" command in the "Yes (I want to...)" case and set any switch you want (not an allready used one) to "on". It'll be the best if you call it "Elder Quest yes" or anything that you can recognize later. In the "No (I don't want to...)" case, you create another "change switch" in which you set another Switch called "Elder Quest no" to on.
Now you select one of the other pages in this Event and set a tick next to "Event Condition" > "Switch" and select the switch "Elder Quest no". On this Page you can write what the elder says if you didn't want to do the quest.
Now you choose the next Page and select the switch "Elder quest yes" as event condition. Now you write what the elder says if you have chosen to do the quest but have not yet finished it.
In the Cave or dungeon where the searched item is, you create a new event representing the Item. Here you also create three pages. the first completely empty (even the graphic)
On the second page you select a fitting graphic for the searched Item and set its event condition switch to "elder quest yes" and as event start condition you select "push key" On this Page you show a Message like "I got the right Item" or anything you want to. Important is just that you make an "add item" command at the end which places the Item in the Inventory of the Hero. And finaly you change another switch ("Elder quest done") to "on" and set "Elder quest yes" to "off".
In the third page of the Item you select an empty graphic and as event condition you select the switch "Elder quest done"
Now return to your elder event.
Here you just select the last empty page of it and set the event condition to switch "Elder quest done". Here you finaly write what the elder says, when you return with the needed item.

I hope this helped you. ;)

*edit* Mist zu spät

Rizzler
09.12.2004, 21:59
thank you so much for the help. i hope 1-3 also get's answerd :)

HyperRPG
09.12.2004, 22:07
3: if i want a boat (or whatever animal or thing u se) to come over the water while event on worldmap ocour. and afther the event. the boat should be gone. toaly gone. never to be seen again.
I don´t know, whether I understand it right but: You have to put a switch on , when the boat is on the border of the map. On the second page of the Event you´ve got to tick the checkbox at switch and choose your´s one. And the graphic field should be empty!

Rizzler
09.12.2004, 22:45
thanks so much :) know it's just question 1 :)

FabiF.de_renamed
10.12.2004, 08:25
To questin 1

(I´m in form 8... my English is VeryBad)

I don't know wether i Understand you but...

Normaly You only set a vehicel like right mouse butten and then set vehicel position...

So you don't need the Event Enter Passwort...

Or what do you mean???

MFG FabiF.de (MFG= With friendly Grüßen ^^)

PS: OH man my teacher can't teach English at my... I'm so shit....

AND it's very cool that English person use this Forum.... Ww its....... GEIL

Don Cuan
10.12.2004, 09:01
You should create an event which represents your boat/animal/whatever and either assign a Movement Route to it (set the Movement Type to 'By It's Route' to do so) or let it move with the 'Move Event'-command. The first task within the Move Route should be 'Start Slip Trough' to make the object ignore the non-passability of the water. To make the event disappear, activate a Switch ('Switch ON') at the end of the Move Route. Then create a second page for the event you like to move, select the switch you set ON as a condition for the event (on the left page of the event editor) and set the graphic to the empty icon which should be the first picture of your chipset's upper layer.

edit: clarified terminology

Rizzler
30.12.2004, 02:29
yo again. i make my question in here due to the name of the topic :p

if i have a eventbarrel. and i want a heling herb in it. how can i make that herb go into inventory when the party use the USEkey on the barrel?

Rash
30.12.2004, 03:44
hi,

you just have to create the event with the graphic of the barrel.
then you set the Event start Condition to "push key" and the Position to "same level as hero".

lets make the event commands:
<>Add Item "Herb"
// you have to create the item in the database befor using
// in the event commands

thats it :)

But its more realistic, if you can get the herb only one time:

<>Add Item "Herb"
<>Change Switch "Herb got" ON set

now create an new page:

here you must set the swich you created in page 1 at the Starting Conditions

I hope you understand my horrible english :D

If there are any questions, just ask ;)

Greetings
Rash

Rizzler
30.12.2004, 07:40
"now create an new page:

here you must set the swich you created in page 1 at the Starting Conditions"

thanks loads :D but how do you mean with that?

Beril
30.12.2004, 11:00
Switch "Herb got" is the switch he ment. ^^
He wants to say that you just have to chose the "Herb Got" Switch as event condition in the top left corner.

Rizzler
30.12.2004, 16:44
thanks :) will this "item" now after doing this get into my charters item inventory?

Rash
31.12.2004, 15:40
yes, with the command "Add Item" every item you choose there goes into the inventory ;)

Greetings
Rash

Rizzler
31.12.2004, 18:02
ATM my page look's like this

<>Add Item "Herb"
<>Change Switch "Herb" ON set
<>Message: you got herb

but as i push the barrel several times i got more herb.. why? i just want it to be 1 herb then the message EMPETY should appear

Rash
31.12.2004, 18:10
now create an new page:
here you must set the swich you created in page 1 at the Starting Conditions

If you have this 2nd page, and choose the switch "Herb" in the Starting conditions, the event will start at page 2 and ignore the 1st page.

you can also say, the switch switches the 1st page OFF ;)

hope you understand :)

Greetings
Rash

V-King
31.12.2004, 18:13
You have to make a 2nd page in the event (the barrel in this case).
Just go into Event-Edit-mode (Doubleclicking the Event) and on top of the window are 4 buttons (New Page, Copy Page, Paste Page and Delete Page).
Klick on the New Page button and set the Start Condition, that Switch "Herb" is ON (on the left of the window, check the first line and choose the Switch "Herb").

Leave the Main Window blank or type a text message, such as "Nothing here anymore" or something like that.

Up until now, only the second page will be used for this event, since the Switch Herb is on...and so (I think you got it already ;) )

Rizzler
31.12.2004, 18:30
thanks loads people :D for all the help but now there is a littel curstion im clueless on :p

if i want myself to for exaple talk to a NPC before i am able to acces a certain event in my hame. how is that done?

and also. if for exaple i have a gaurd posted outside a dungeon. and need to talk to person X. after talked to person X and got item X the gaurd/item is erased or placed at/from postion X

Rash
01.01.2005, 01:06
this is also done with a switch.

when you talked to the npc you namen "person x" you set a swich namend, for example, "personx-talked".

the guard outside the dungeon has 2 pages:

page 1:

<> Message: You need to talk to Person X befor you can pass!

page 2:

Start condition: switch "personx-talked"

<> Message: You have talked to Person X? Ok, now you can pass.
<> Move Event: Guard; Left, Face down.
// This move event says the guard he have to walk one step to the left and turn his face down. so your hero can enter the dungeon because the the guard dont blocks the way ;)

If you want that your hero has a certain item you have to make this:

when you talked to "person x" you make this:

<> Message: This Item may help you...
<> Add Item "Demon Stone" // for example :)

the guard outside the dungeon has 2 pages:

page 1:

<> Message: You need the Demon Stone befor you can pass!

page 2:

Start condition: Item "Demon Stone" Has It

<> Message: Whats That? The Demon Stone? Ok, now you can pass.
<> Move Event: Guard; Left, Face down.

Hope this help you ;)

Greetings Rash

btw. Happy new year @ all!!!! oder: Gutes neues Jahr @ all^^

Rizzler
01.01.2005, 06:12
thanks loads once again :D