PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : [FULL] Forever's End: Episode One

NicoB
01.06.2011, 23:13
http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/9435/titlezjx.png

Forever's End

http://rpgmaker.net/media/content/users/2017/locker/gem.PNGVoted RMN's Most Promising Demo of 2010 Misaohttp://rpgmaker.net/media/content/users/2017/locker/gem.PNG

In the world of Linguardia, the nations of Rikalia and Dorent are the reigning powers. Although both leaders have been at peace for centuries, a dark cloud is on the horizon. King Richard, leader of the Rikalian Empire, has recently lost his wife and daughter to a pack of demons. Now, his mind twisted from grief, Richard is on a quest for domination. His plan: to harness the power of the six legendary crystals, which, according to scriptures, will bestow the wielder with unimaginable powers if brought together. With Richard on a path of destruction to collect the crystals, war seems inevitable.

Players take control of Epoch Lander, Captain of Richard's Dragon Knights, an elite force within the Rikalian Empire. However, when Epoch begins questioning the morals behind Richard's actions, he is arrested for treason and sentenced to death. With his head full of unanswered questions, Epoch must decide whether to accept his fate or fight for what he believes to be the greater good: even if it means fighting alone.

..:: FEATURES ::..

- A vast number of different playable characters, each with their own unique battle skills.
- Consistent graphical style, borrowing mainly from the Treasure of the Rudras.
- Capture monsters and use their skills against your opponents in battle.
- A compendium to keep track of all the monsters you've scanned and captured
- A well-crafted story with strong character development.
- Approximately 15-20 hours of gameplay for Episode One depending on how many of the sidequests you do.
- A magnificent soundtrack, featuring a large repertoire of songs by Yoshitaka Hirota and Yasunori Mitsuda.
- Beautifully drawn, comic-style cutscenes by the talented boobledeeboo

..:: SCREENS ::..

http://rpgmaker.net/media/content/games/650/screenshots/screenshot1b.pnghttp://rpgmaker.net/media/content/games/650/screenshots/orlinnighttime.PNGhttp://rpgmaker.net/media/content/games/650/screenshots/transformed.pnghttp://rpgmaker.net/media/content/games/650/screenshots/currenttitle.pnghttp://rpgmaker.net/media/content/games/650/screenshots/newbattle.pnghttp://rpgmaker.net/media/content/games/650/screenshots/centraltram.png

..:: RECEPTION ::..

Forever's End has received a total of 14 positive reviews on RMN, making it one of the most reviewed game on the site (although some of these reviews are for older versions). It is also currently the most subscribed game on the site. You can read these reviews by checking the homepage here:

Forever's End Reviews :: rpgmaker.net (http://rpgmaker.net/games/650/reviews/)

Here are some quotes from people who have reviewed the game:

"Forever's End appealed to everything I love about RPG's...I couldn't recommend it enough." - Little Wing Guy

"It has a genuinely gripping storyline, and I cannot wait for the next installment of this game...I literally want it right now, and if you play this game, you'll see why... " - Fallen-Griever

"{Forever's End} has some spectacular and engaging characters and dialogue to make for a compelling game experience." - Solitayre

"...this game is great and is on my list of most wanted games. It's a must try." - Tyranos

"Seriously...this game is pure sexual magic." - Feldschlacht IV

..:: DOWNLOAD ::..

Forever's End: Episode One (http://rpgmaker.net/games/650/downloads/)

..:: CREDITS ::..

Character Sprites and Graphics
Treasure of the Rudras
Magi

Map Design
Little Wing Guy
Lennon
Rei~
Ultima187

Music
Yasunori Mitsuda
Junya Nakano
Motoi Sakuraba
Yoshitaka Hirota
Nobuo Uematsu
Shiro Sagisu

Custom Song
Remember~ - Alex Amana

Custom Artwork
boobledeeboo

Beta Testers
Little Wing Guy
Linkforce
boobledeeboo
Zadok83
Rei~

..:: CUSTOM ART ::..

All custom art, including comic-style cutscenes and facesets, is drawn by boobledeeboo.

Click for examples:

http://rpgmaker.net/media/content/games/650/screenshots/elisebdy.pnghttp://rpgmaker.net/media/content/games/650/screenshots/beachkt.pnghttp://rpgmaker.net/media/content/games/650/screenshots/flame21.PNGhttp://rpgmaker.net/media/content/games/650/screenshots/scene2b.png

..:: NOTES ::..

I'm posting this here because it's gotten a pretty good reception on RMN, and I believe any RPG fan should check it out. I hope you all don't mind me posting an English game here. If you encounter any fatal bugs or glitches, or just want to critique or suggest something, don't hesitate to inform me.

If you want a more indepth look at game progress, you can check out the game profile at RMN:

Gamepage :: rpgmaker.net (http://rpgmaker.net/games/650/)

I hope you all will check it out!

Ben
01.06.2011, 23:48
Hi Nico, your presentation is really interesting and I like screens and especially the great artwork. The screens give a good entrance in the game, I think I will play this game in the next time. Do you know there is a possibilty to also create a everlasting presentation on the mainsite www.rpg-atelier.de? I guess if you registrate there and up a text, a link to the Presentation and a few screenshots like here you will get also some rates, even if I cant promise you that it will be that much as in rmn, but the site had had over 1 million clicks in a not so long period since the Style of the site was actualized.

I excuse my English is bad, I only learned in school and aint not so sure about my grammar. Hope you will be active member of here we have to less other speaking members here, even Yummydrumsticks is a faithful member of us.

oh and I think there is a mapping mistake on the screen with the city, there should be an over layer balustrade where the right house meets the house above but there isnt.

greetings

ben aka straight ahead

Icetongue
02.06.2011, 01:10
Tranlsaterated for your the reading very pleasurely:

Hi Nico,
your presentation is very interesting and I am quite fond of the screens and especially the stellar artwork. The screenshots give a good first impression of the game and I think I will give it a try in the near future. Did you know that you can create a lasting presentation on the main site www.rpg-atelier.de? I suppose if you register, put up your text, add a link to the presentation and a few screenshots as you did in this thread, chances are you will get a fair amount of ratings, even though I cannot promise that it will be as many as in rmn. Still, the site has had over 1 million clicks in a fairly short period of time since its style was updated, which should speak volumes about its activity.

I sincerely apologize for my rather lacking understanding of the English language, since I only learned it in school and am still unsure when it comes to correct grammar. I hope you plan on being an active member in our community, since I feel that we are sorely lacking in foreign members.

Also, I think there is a mapping mistake visible in the screen of the city. There should be an upper layer balustrade where the right house meets the house above but there is none.

kind regards,

-straight ahead-
Thunderweather, your English makes you nobody so fast after. ;p

Ben
02.06.2011, 01:31
Thanks Icetongue, but I think he is able to tell when he does not understand any points of my posting. Dont waste your time with my posts, they are unworthy to get retranslated. ;) And you should have better things to do at this time :D

Daen vom Clan
02.06.2011, 02:10
Whoa, the artwork is quite impressive and so is the presentation here and at rpgmaker.net. :)
I wish I could have more time to play all these games... *sigh*

Runenmagier
02.06.2011, 11:03
Hey there NicoB,
first of all, kudos to you for finding your way here, that's quite a rare exception for english-speaking game creators. Add to that your absolutely flawless presentation and you already earned yourself some RM2k(3)-loving german players.
As for me, I already played the game for quite some time now and am enjoying it thoroughly. I already posted a short comment on rpgmaker.net (I was the one who mentioned the AutoBattle).
Your game has already been mentioned twice here in a thread for foreign games ( Demo (http://www.multimediaxis.de/threads/128692-Ausl%C3%A4ndische-Games?p=2670380&viewfull=1#post2670380),
Full (http://www.multimediaxis.de/threads/128692-Ausl%C3%A4ndische-Games?p=2785648&viewfull=1#post2785648) ), thus I found the way to it.

I might be posting a full review on rpgmaker.net after I finished the game.

oh and I think there is a mapping mistake on the screen with the city, there should be an over layer balustrade where the right house meets the house above but there isnt.

Doesn't look too wrong for me.

NicoB
02.06.2011, 16:35
Hey thanks for the compliments, guys! Yeah, I'm really surprised I never came across this site before; it seems like a real hot spot for RPG Maker games. It's a nice site (although I have to constantly use google translate to tell me what buttons to push, haha).

@straight-ahead: So I can post a gamepage here too? Not too sure how to do that exactly though...

@Runenmagier: Thanks for the heads up! It's nice to know my game was mentioned already. I hope you do post a review! The more feedback, the better! Also, I just uploaded a new version that fixes the sound bug that people have had and also gets rid of the autobattle. So now people shouldn't be able to screw up the battle code unintentionally. ;)

Tüp
02.06.2011, 22:11
Wow ... Forever's End seems to be a really good game. :)

Ben
03.06.2011, 12:17
@straight-ahead: So I can post a gamepage here too? Not too sure how to do that exactly though...

Thats no problem, as you see my describtion under my name I`m herold of this site which means I can do this for others. Just say what I should mention in your gamepage. Dont worry, the gamepage looks quite different to rmn. if you want to know how the article has to look as standard, check the examples at the main page. Normally it needs at least 4 screenshots and a little wall-of text description in blog-form, rather short just to make future fans hungry to play it. After I learned for school i also promis to play it and you will get with the update a review from me ( I never made a review for an english game so it s a challenge for me:))

Innoxious
03.06.2011, 12:26
I have played til the point Epoch managed to escape from Richard´s castle and he got this "weird" dream (about the past i think?). In majority, it seems to be a marvelous game. The idea of the story has been worked out very detailed until that point and the profound mystery about Marcellus makes you really wanna know who he really is and what his point of collecting all crystals could be.

You did a good job in setting up some emotional parts for directing the players anger throughout the game. In some cases, when the player has to kill some (i call them random) NPC, normally there is no guilty conscience for him about killing them.
But in this game, some of this NPC got a personality for this reason. In some cases, you can hear a short conversation about two guardians and you can find out their names, or that they have a wife and children and if you see them die you really get this feeling of:" damn, those poor children lost their father" as the player, directing your anger directly to the person who murdered the guardian.

This is a really good idea to build up a good atmosphere and besides it suits this game in a specific way very good.

But there are some things i do not like and mainly they are related to the visual part of the game. In fact, i don´t really like the mapping. There are many mistakes in the areal design eg the ruins Alex and his group explore. If i follow the eastern or the western part to the top i cannot pass the two towers there to the left or the right but thats a mistake, because from the visual aspect, the towers are just very high and do not block my path. The only thing which blocks my path is the basement of the ruins.

In the sewer you should maybe remove these blocked paths from one of these platforms to the next, because at first i wondered why i cannot pass them until i finally (after 10 minutes or so .-.) i became aware of this "paths" beeing walls...
Imo they failed the 3D aspect they maybe should had have and besides they don´t make sense after all i think.

Next there is the vanish of the npc when i have beaten them. They don´t die or fall to the ground or sth like that, they just disappear. And i found that sort of funny at some points. Unfortunately at some spots where it should not be funny. Some of the bg and sound effects are annoying, eg the bgm at the castle for the first time beeing there (if you spend more than 5 minutes to explore the areal it really gets a pain in the ass!) and some of the sound effects like that rock sound when the gate keeper in the cave appears is an rtp sound that does not suit.

That you use bgm from Noebu Oematsu etc is not the problem, but many of the bgm you use are well known from the final fantasy games and i think they steal some personality of your game because at the locations where you recognize the bgm from ff i feel kinda, yeah... harmed.^^
So i would like some more extraordinary bgm.

I think that´s all i´ve got for now.

rgds

Innoxious

Zitroneneis
03.06.2011, 15:32
This looks like a great game, I think I´m going to play it as soon as I passed all of my exams. :)
I remember that I once saw it on rpgmaker.net and thought that the plot sounded interesting. I´m curious about it. Oh, and I really like the artwork. (Wish I could draw like this!)
I´ll write more when I played it through.

erzengel_222
03.06.2011, 17:36
Hello :) !

I played the earlier demo version last year and it is brilliant and worth to play. Nice story, grafic and music, what do you want more ?
That game makes so much fun ... I will play this fullversion as soon as possible.

Greeting: Erzengel

Blacky89
03.06.2011, 18:55
Wow, finally a rm-game I really enjoy playing. I'll write a small review when I played some more.

NicoB
04.06.2011, 15:44
@Tup and erzengel_222: Thank you! :D

@straight ahead: Thanks man. If you want, you can just use some stuff from this thread (screenshots, description, etc). Anything you feel is relevant for the gamepage.

@Innoxious: Thanks for the compliments, Innoxious. Yeah, some of the earlier stuff is still a bit dated in terms of mapping. I've been working on this project for three years now, and some of the older maps are showing their age. I've updated a few maps from previous versions, but it's still not perfect. It should get better as you play.

@Zitroneneis and Blacky89: Thank you! I look forward to hearing your feedback!

Tonya
05.06.2011, 11:05
Since your great presentation I wanted to play the game immediately but I have a little problem. The screenshot shows that problem:

http://npshare.de/files/06b74c8e/screen01.png

What should I do to fix the text so I can read it?

I'm looking forward to enjoy your game and of course I give you feedback after that ;)

Innoxious
05.06.2011, 11:23
@Tonya: In dem Spielordner ist irgendwo eine .font Datei drin. Die musst du in den Ordner Schriftarten bei dir in Windows packen und dann gff. den Rechner neustarten.

Tonya
05.06.2011, 11:31
@ Innoxious: Dankeschön wobei sich das eh erledigt hat nachdem ich des "Readme" gelesen hab XD Ich sollt mir angewöhnen zuerst zu lesen und dann zu posten -.-

Jazz
06.06.2011, 17:48
This game is great! I've been playing for tree days now and I' m still enjoying the story and the whole atmosphere.
But I' ve got some questions: Is it possible to return to some of the areas later in the game? I' ve missed to catch some of the monsters so I couldn't get the reward...
And I can't find the special spirit in the desert that leads me to a treasure. I'm quiet sure that I' ve tried all possible ways... where is it hidden?

NicoB
06.06.2011, 18:29
This game is great! I've been playing for tree days now and I' m still enjoying the story and the whole atmosphere.
But I' ve got some questions: Is it possible to return to some of the areas later in the game? I' ve missed to catch some of the monsters so I couldn't get the reward...
And I can't find the special spirit in the desert that leads me to a treasure. I'm quiet sure that I' ve tried all possible ways... where is it hidden?

Thank you! Glad to hear you're enjoying it. Currently, backtracking becomes impossible after certain points. However, you will be able to go back in later episodes, so make sure you hang on to your save file at the end of the episode.

As for the spirit:

In the final area of the desert that has a black, blue, and white spirit, there is a reddish looking rock towards the bottom left hand of the screen. Examine it to open a secret passage. Just so you know, you'll have to fight this guy, and he's really tough. He's sort of meant to be a post-game boss (like Sephiroth in KH). However, there is a save point there, so feel free to try! :)

Jazz
06.06.2011, 22:32
Ah, I see... no way to beat this guy ^^
So, I finished the game and it has been a pleasure to play it. What about the next part? Are you still working on it? (I'm soooo impatient...)

NicoB
06.06.2011, 23:13
Ah, I see... no way to beat this guy ^^
So, I finished the game and it has been a pleasure to play it. What about the next part? Are you still working on it? (I'm soooo impatient...)

Yep, yep. I'm working away on it. Not sure when it will be released next. Probably a few months. The nice thing is now that I have the character abilities and systems in place, progress should move much more quickly. :)

ala
08.06.2011, 21:22
Goldo, Epoch and the little boy all developed abnormal stats in my game. The boy has around 900 Might, and Goldo and Epoch have maxed out defence and attack. The stats of the other characters are all around 150 - pretty normal. (I just met the drunken sword master and my characters are around lvl14)

I guess something went wrong with the stats boosts which I got after clearing some of the areas.
AH and I bought armor and weapons for Burns and the other guy just before they died, what a mean way to waste my money :D

Well apart from that it seems to be a great game. At some time I thought you probably overdo it with all those characters and features, but hey - it works out great. The story never failed to entertain me so far. I'm thrilled to play the game again next weekend :)

Ah, the inventory is well really really BIG! I've got like 300 items, and playing in active mode (which I am a great fan of in other games) is impossible because I always have to search so long.

NicoB
08.06.2011, 21:41
Goldo, Epoch and the little boy all developed abnormal stats in my game. The boy has around 900 Might, and Goldo and Epoch have maxed out defence and attack. The stats of the other characters are all around 150 - pretty normal. (I just met the drunken sword master and my characters are around lvl14)

I guess something went wrong with the stats boosts which I got after clearing some of the areas.
AH and I bought armor and weapons for Burns and the other guy just before they died, what a mean way to waste my money :D

Well apart from that it seems to be a great game. At some time I thought you probably overdo it with all those characters and features, but hey - it works out great. The story never failed to entertain me so far. I'm thrilled to play the game again next weekend :)

Ah, the inventory is well really really BIG! I've got like 300 items, and playing in active mode (which I am a great fan of in other games) is impossible because I always have to search so long.

Uh-oh. That can't be good, haha. Do you remember exactly when these abnormal stats occurred? I need to try to pinpoint what caused that glitch.

Haha, yeah I guess Claude's and Burn's armor is kinda a waste of money in the end. :P

Yeah, I'm sorry about the disorganized inventory. I've been working on this game for three years now, and back when I started, I didn't really understand how 2k3 organized the items. I want to change it, but man, by this point, it would be a huuuggggeee hassle. =_=; I'm sure I will get around to it someday. And thanks for the compliments. :)

EDIT: By the way, if you all really liked my game, make sure to vote for Forever's End HERE (http://www.multimediaxis.de/threads/131818-Projekt-des-Monats-Juni-2011-Umfrage) for Project of the Month:

Boonator
08.06.2011, 22:17

I have the same problem. Goldo and the little boy started with this stats and Epoch i think after the first play with alexanders group

Engel der Furcht
08.06.2011, 22:59
I started to play it.
Well it has a bit too much explaining in the beginning (especially the Monster Hunting thing)
But i really like the system of it!

Countless
09.06.2011, 00:02
Epoch has abnormal stats in my game too. (Maximum might and attack - the other stats are okay)
It happened previously or at the checkpoint before you meet up with Slades again.
I don't know how it changed - maybe through a new item or anything?

But overall I like your game - it's very interesting and nice to play.
And your mapping is better the longer you play it. ;P

And yes, the inventory is really too big.
I can't even sell the rusty sword or other old items.
Maybe you could fix that or add an option to remove items?

Anyway, I will play more and perhaps write again something.

NicoB
09.06.2011, 00:32
Hmm...that's really bizarre. I don't know what would be causing that (this is the first I've heard of it).

Agh, sorry. I made the Rusty Sword unsellable because I didn't want the player to accidentally sell it when that's the only weapon they have (in the sewers). Same goes for a few other things. But I probably should just change that.

Blacky89
09.06.2011, 14:37
Maybe you can place an item deposit box in every town where players can deposit/withdraw their items.
only, of course, if it's possible to withdraw every item anywhere regardless of where they deposited them originally.

-
So, I now played through the sewer- and the Alexander-story and have to say; its really great! It actually inspires me to
start working on my several ideas for a gamestory again! So thanks for that! ;)
But one thing irritated me somehow:
Marcellus is a very powerful person. And yet a simple prisoner is capable of holding him back long enough
for Epoch and Elise to escape?^^ I mean there has to be something making that escape possible. But right there
I thought: "what, that little prisoner can stop him?"
But thats the only illogical thing to me right now. Really great game! And now that Epoch successfully escaped and is
on the run, the story really starts getting tense! I'll play some more later today and am looking forward to it!

So keep up the good work!

edit:
Okay, forget about my sayings in the "Spoilerbox"...^^
Now I know why he was able to "stop" him :)

Tüp
10.06.2011, 01:35
edit:
Okay, forget about my sayings in the "Spoilerbox"...^^
Now I know why he was able to "stop" him :)

Your EDIT is awesome, Blacky89 ! ^^

NicoB
10.06.2011, 19:28
Your EDIT is awesome, Blacky89 ! ^^

I got a good laugh out of that myself. :)

ala
11.06.2011, 18:46
Just finished the demo.

@High Stats: I first noticed them in the mansion, too.

Ok, let's spoil the party:

Ok, about monster-capture:
-At the beginning I only captured monsters once in a while for the rewards.. in mid game a lot of monsters were not captureable (undeads, demons etc.), but the scan didn't say so and suggested food for the capture which didn't work. This happend in 3 or 4 areas. In the endgame I captured monsters again, because it varied the battles a bit.

Very Good:
-The Beginning: Epochs decision to finally do what he wants is a common dream of every person today - the plot telling which leads to this developement is very well done. The mother which drags her children inside the houses to save them from epochs crew for example, that creates a very creepy atmosphere.
-Marcellus: Arrogant, manipulation, the sucessor of all evil stereotypes.
-Slade, the drunken master, Lee, Elijir, Elise all have very very well done - I even like the king ;).
-The mansion: A really great idea to tell the player things about the past. And demon hunting is always cool :)
-The riddles: Not too hard, not too easy. Well done.
-money balancing was very well done thoughout the game (very rare in rpg-maker games) till perhaps the Drunken master appeared. After that I could swim in gold, the monsters just dropped so much.

Bad:
-The hooded man, I suspect him to be a crystal guardian btw. - well he just is a big idiot. Dialogue in the beginning, Marcellus: "Let's not draw to much attention".. the hooded man then goes of and kills like 2 dozens of elite dragon guards which chase after epoch, how is that NOT gonna draw a hell of attention?! He watched the crew like an idiot and he screwed up again shortly after with the biorobot - if he would have done his job properly and watched out for the chasing forces, he would have noticed....
-Elizabeth: The Spoiled princess tomboy character is just sooo overused. And the Epoch-plot around her is just weird. At the beginning Epoch mentions her only one time! (- or his buddy Cloude: "Do you still think about Liz?") - 5-6 hours later he's going far too crazy around her, it's like his character has changed all of a sudden.
And what the hell is her outgoing and bright attitude - I think it's a bit exaggerated.
-The balancing with those scout bosses, altough weaker at the end - the first ones were actually damn hard. Oh dear, I used up all my items too beat the first one in the forest with the lake (the one with slade bleeding), and later I got a second very very hard lvl2 hidden monster. Oh my god what beasts.
-Upgrade Coupons: Easlily missed, I only found around 4 or 5, nasty to look out for white birds during gameplay.

All in all you have my respect for always introducing new features during gameplay. This somehow keeps everything fresh. Good job ;)

NicoB
11.06.2011, 21:04
Hey, thanks for the feedback ala. I'm sorry you encountered that weird stat bug. Still haven't figured out what caused it yet (it only seems to happen to a few people).

It's true the hooded man is very head-strong and doesn't exactly think things out (which is why Marcellus tears him to shreds later on). However, part of this is because the curse on his arm has worn away his sanity, making him more bloodthirsty and impulsive. But Marcellus is definitely the brains. And you're right, I probably should have made more mention of Elizabeth early on.

Thanks for playing! And if you liked the game, I'd appreciate your vote for Project of the Month (http://www.multimediaxis.de/threads/131818-Projekt-des-Monats-Juni-2011-Umfrage).

Alamo
12.06.2011, 02:48
Very interesting game. I found it to be quite enjoyable.

kwisi
13.06.2011, 20:41
great game and I love the mapping

Rachsal
13.06.2011, 20:58
Ok i played through Episode One now.

I really enjoyed the gameplay but the story is what hooked me. It is pretty intervened and the fact that you are able to play with all sides is great. I want to know who Frederick is, why is he still alive and why is Seti so old, where is the Keeper and why is Marcellus still alive? If hes an crusader does he only use the king to get the crystals to kill the lost or what is his scheme? I hope to get many answers with the next episodes.

I also encountered the stat bug, but it did not bother me. Epoch with 500 Agility and maxed Att and Def just rocks.

I think it is very industirous that you implemented a new character system with each character and the whole Linguardia guide of course. The Quest helper function seems a bit redundant from time to time because the game is so linear.
The Tarot system seemed a bit random, i don't know if the chance to get a positive effect is 50/50, but i guessed it and so i did not use it except for sould rends. Maybe you should explain that in the tarot instructions.

NicoB
13.06.2011, 23:50
Ok i played through Episode One now.

I really enjoyed the gameplay but the story is what hooked me. It is pretty intervened and the fact that you are able to play with all sides is great. I want to know who Frederick is, why is he still alive and why is Seti so old, where is the Keeper and why is Marcellus still alive? If hes an crusader does he only use the king to get the crystals to kill the lost or what is his scheme? I hope to get many answers with the next episodes.

I also encountered the stat bug, but it did not bother me. Epoch with 500 Agility and maxed Att and Def just rocks.

I think it is very industirous that you implemented a new character system with each character and the whole Linguardia guide of course. The Quest helper function seems a bit redundant from time to time because the game is so linear.
The Tarot system seemed a bit random, i don't know if the chance to get a positive effect is 50/50, but i guessed it and so i did not use it except for sould rends. Maybe you should explain that in the tarot instructions.

Hey thanks, Rachsal! I still haven't figured out where the stat bug is occurring. At what point in the game did you notice it?

The tarot system is actually a 2/3 of getting positive and a 1/3 of getting negative. I found the 50/50 to be too unforgiving. It's probably something I should have mentioned in-game.

Make sure you hold on to your save file for later releases.

NicoB
21.06.2011, 21:58
Hey guys,

Alright, so I just uploaded v.1.05 which should fix the stat bug some of you were encountering. Basically, it caused Epoch, Lee, and Goldo's stats to become ridiculously high in a short period. This didn't happen until after I had applied some new patches, but I honestly don't understand how that would have affected it. Anyway, this version should fix the problem. For those of you who have already encountered this bug and have crazy stats, don't worry. Just load up your file and the game should fix it automatically. If you are still having that problem, let me know immediately.

You can download it here: http://rpgmaker.net/games/650/downloads/

Denzel-X
26.06.2011, 22:48
Sadly, the game is kinda broken for me. After the fight with the Elementalchange Demon, i got this wird UI without any cursor. Don't know how to fix that. Sadly, this is my only Savegame.

NicoB
26.06.2011, 23:45
I've seen this happen to me before. It usually occurs when you input something before the game has had time to change system graphic settings. Usually, it went away after restarting though. Is it still there when you've turned it off? If it is, try opening a chest or donating something to farnstein (even if you don't have anything to donate); that should fix it.

Let me know.

Denzel-X
27.06.2011, 02:56
I'll try it tomorrow after school.

It first came in the fight against that ele-Demon after it said "It starts transforming" or something like that. Guess my Enter-Smashing did this.

NicoB
28.06.2011, 18:48
Alright, sounds good. Please get back to me and let me know if you get it to work.

~Jack~
18.07.2011, 19:46
Okay, finally finished Episode One and it's really a well done game. The gameplay is nicely polished and what really stand out is how you made every character unique in regards to the battle system as no one plays quite the same. Capturing monsters is also an interesting addition although I didn't find it that useful apart from getting the reward at the end.
The only aspect of the batte system that bugged me was the system-graphics as it was hard to see what option I had selected because everything is so dark. Certainly something that should be fixed.

The only other aspect of the game I didn't like as much is the 4-way split in the end. You could have certainly shortened these parts as not every bit of it felt really neccesary.
Still it's one of the better rpg-maker games I played in the last few years so keep on going and give us a continuation :) Really want to find out how the story continues.

Ben
18.07.2011, 21:57
Yes and Ive just started and for know liked it a lot. Really great grafic, i Just dont see the point why you have so good face grafics just for the menu and didnt use them to support the dramatic or emotional scenes with right expression....okay, I m honest Ive played only one game in nearly nine years which could compensate through tons and tons (and I mean really tons! xD) of charaposes what get lost through didnt use faces. So for know, characterdesign was maybe unconsciousely rated as worse because its jharder to transport emotions through 32x 24 than trough 48x48 xD....and I only can remember one real pose (these *sigh* looking of Epoch). Well it wont hinder me anyway to play it further, cause its the only real point I didnt like at all by playing about an hour (which attests from my point of view, you made a great job, I dont think long about deleting even games who were rated as best project of the year if the game doesnt fuel my passion for playing it). You hear from me!

El Chita
21.07.2011, 15:30
Hey there,
I started playing your game and I loved it so far (Balmung Cycle was always my favorite english-speaking game, and I really like the style of it), but I'm not able to defeat Gandharva, I fighted him so long until he had no more MP's, but he still respawns his dolls, so I can't hurt him. What am I doing wrong?

About the game, there is little to complain, the only thing I think is annoying is the thing with the ability points when you equipped a book: You only need one point, get about 5 in a batlle and learn the spell. When you equip the next book, you'll have to earn 20 points again, instead of using the abiltiy points left, which are 4. Maybe you can change that.

Anyway, I love your game, one can see you've put a lot of work into it !

NicoB
23.07.2011, 16:19
Hey sorry for the late reply!

For Gandharva you need to absorb the ability from one of his dolls to progress. Use it on him and it will allow you to damage him.

@Jack: Thanks man, glad you liked it! I'll keep your critiques in mind!

@straight ahead: Appreciate it man. Look forward to hearing more from you.

NicoB
16.08.2011, 23:44
Hey guys,

Thought you'd all like to know that Forever's End is getting its own original soundtrack!

I'm receiving help from a really talented composer by the name of Jose Moreno, aka CastorOnline, who has offered to help me for a very reasonable price. Jose is a Mexican composer whose experience includes transcribing partitures, making arrangements for school orchestra, composing the Chrono Trigger Medley performed in cafe iguanas at 2009, composing many themes for various independent games, and composing music for local filmmakers (short films). I was really impressed with his style after listening to his older works; and seeing as I was looking for a composer for my game, I decided to snatch him up before some other user got the chance. In less than a week, he's already finished four songs for me, and I think they're fantastic.

Here are three songs that he has already composed for the game:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgxZJwlroOM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kg8liefsFdo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7iqYMK6Wvg&feature=related

You can check out every song he's composed for Forever's End by clicking HERE (http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL528F6F18D156C534) and get updates when Jose posts new songs by subscribing to his video page HERE (http://www.youtube.com/user/Jose0Moreno0).

I've also gone ahead and created an OST tab on RMN's main gamepage that has all of the songs he's created for FE, which I will update periodically. I'm really happy with what he has composed so far, and I look forward to continue working with him. I've heard a lot of people say that my game's music was too recognizable and could really improve from a custom soundtrack. Hopefully, these new songs will help improve the game's image and its originality in the eyes of the player.

In addition, Jose is also making his own RPG Maker game in VX called Emerald Chronicles: Castor Wars. It isn't currently in English, but the main characters are beavers, and that should be enough incentive for any gamer. You can check it out HERE (http://makerpalace.onlinegoo.com/t4419-emerald-chronicles-castor-wars).

Let's all show Jose some love.

MrSerji
12.06.2012, 01:22
Hm....
Nice Game, the Präsentation ist not bad :)
I play this game in this Week :)

Nox Ra
17.06.2012, 20:15
Hi ^^

I've downloaded the game yesterday and played it the whole day (and night xD) till I had it through.... it's amazing! I totally fell in love with it x3
The story is truly captivating, really wanna know how it will go on. Also, all the different characters make it interesting, everyone got their own story and reasons for what they do. Not to speak even of the great mapping and the music.. could listen forever to it. There were really a couple of maps where I just looked at it and was stunned cause it looked so great. Also, the addition with the capturing monsters is really nice :3
The Battlesystem isn't too bad, but maybe the enemies are a little bit too strong or too fast? I don't know, I'm someone that levels up with no end (got alone in this one almost all the characters on around fourty), but I still had some troubles with the regular enemies. The boss-fights tho were actually good balanced, I think.

Since it's quite some time you updated here, I hope tho that you're still working on it -the whole games shows of the lots of work you already put into it and it would be a shame not to continue ^^

Greets, Nox

Raddwa
18.06.2012, 02:40
Wow ^^ Looks Really great... I'm gonna play it ^^
I'll give a Review when I'm done playing :)

NicoB
18.06.2012, 03:43
@Nox Ra: Thanks a lot man. I'm really happy to hear you enjoyed it. I am hard at work on Episode 2, and should have a big update on RMN in the coming weeks. ;)
@Raddwa: Thanks buddy, I look forward to your review. ^ ^

Mr.Räbbit
18.06.2012, 07:58
Wonderfull presentation, excellent graphics and mapping, a very fine battle-system and one more person who is going to download your game.
And i appreciate, that you found your way to a german board, to show us, what lies beyond our community-borders!

Keep up the good work! :A

Nox Ra
20.06.2012, 17:05
Welcome ;) And it's really good to hear you're working on it -will be checking RMN then :D

Ave
13.08.2012, 14:04
So finally finished it and I have to say that it's one of the best RPG-Maker Games I've ever played. The story is very well told and caught my interest within a few minutes of playing. It's really impressive what you made out of the Battlesystem. It's rather rare to enjoy battles in a RPG-Maker Game since most of the time you're just pressing Enter without thinking, but you tried hard to involve the strategic aspect and it worked really well. At first I had a bad feeling about the Capturing System, since I've seen something like this in other games and it was boring and disturbing, but I had a lot of fun capturing most of the monsters. :)

My personal favourite characters are Goldo and Slade. Oh and there's something I wanted to ask you: How old is Slade? His Faceset looks rather old but in the cutscenes he looks like in his mid-twenties. Could probably be, because he's not sleeping, but this was wondering me the whole time. ^^

I can't wait to play Episode 2 and I hope that it will have the same quality as the previous Episode. (or even better :O) Wish you good luck and success!