mascot
pointer pointer pointer pointer

Ergebnis 1 bis 9 von 9

Baum-Darstellung

Vorheriger Beitrag Vorheriger Beitrag   Nächster Beitrag Nächster Beitrag

[PS3] Project Prelude Rune (Square Enix × Hideo Baba) | Canceled

Hideo Baba ist im Oktober auf Square Enix zugegangen. Aus den Gesprächen ist dann Studio Istolia entstanden, ein vollständiges Tochterunternehmen von Square Enix, das aktuell noch im Aufbau ist. Baba arbeitet dort an einer neuen IP mit dem Arbeitstitel "Project Prelude Rune", das scheinbar ein klassisches Fantasy-RPG (mit High-Fantasy-Elementen) werden soll und eine freundliche, warme Welt haben soll.

Zitat Zitat
    The project aims to build a new RPG with a new fantasy: unfolding across a vast land teeming with life. Nurtured by the earth, the many peoples of this land dare to dream, fighting for what is just—and this is their tale.
    Baba im Famitsu-Interview dazu:
    Zitat Zitat
    I was entrusted with a big IP at my previous position, but while doing business development outside of video games, I thought it was about time to pass the baton to my juniors, and at a turning point, I decided to leave the company.

When I thought about how many more games I’ll be able to make in the future, I thought that I wanted to try again among many major players in the RPG world. That’s why I knocked at the gates of Square Enix last October.
    Square Enix president Yosuke Matsuda: “I would like him to make a new IP while discovering new talent.”
    Studio Istolia is a company of craftsmen that will create stories, which is the origin of its name.
    The company mascot was designed by Toshiyuki Itahana, who did the character design for the Chocobo series. It’s still without a name, but I would like it if this character appears in future games.
    I would like to express “kindness” and “warmth” as the setting for the new title we’re making now. It won’t have a bloodthirsty atmosphere, I want to make a game where you can think, “I want to enter that warm world as soon as possible.”
    I would like to express the world based on the anime and comics I’ve come to know since I was little.
    In returning to fantasy origins, I’m currently planning to make a straightforward, middle-fantasy RPG. The world will have various races, such as Norse mythology, dwarfs, and elves.
    I don’t want to change the “Baba-ness,” such as depicting the growth of the characters and the strength of the message.
    (When will it be released?) At this point…
    (What platforms will it be released for?) I don’t know what it will become in the end, but we have a strong desire to stick with stationary consoles. However, I also want to consider platforms with business chances, including smartphones.
    Of course, I also want to take on expansion overseas.

http://gematsu.com/2017/02/square-en...weekly-famitsu

Offizielle Website: http://www.studioistolia.com/

Sehr interessante Entwicklung. Ich mag Baba als Menschen unheimlich gern, aber seine Qualitäten als Entwickler einzuschätzen fällt mir nach wie vor schwer, da er einerseits für die Tales-Serie lange als Produzent arbeitete (und nicht als Director), und weil viele der Teile, die unter ihm entstanden sind, erzählerisch nicht unbedingt die besten waren. Das, was er zu Project Prelude Rune schreibt, spricht mich aber größtenteils schon mal an (außer der Elfen/Zwergen-Teil, die fand ich in JRPGs meistens nicht sooo toll), insbesondere die "warme Welt". Gegen ein charmantes Mittelalter-RPG im alten Stil hätte ich auf jeden Fall nichts einzuwanden.

Frage mich, wie "groß" das Projekt werden soll bzw. wie viel Budget Square Enix Baba einräumt. Aber es ist schön zu sehen, dass Square Enix nun zwei Studios hat, die sich ausschließlich neuen IPs widmen. Lange habe ich ja bemängelt, dass Square Enix fast nur auf bewährte Serien setzt, aber das scheint sich gerade in eine positive Richtung zu entwickeln (wie auch bei Atlus).
    Geändert von Narcissu (15.05.2019 um 04:27 Uhr)